Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What a Deal!


There's nothing like getting a good deal to put me in a good mood. The other day, my neighbor stopped by asking if I wanted to walk with her down the street. She had seen some lamps that someone had put out by the road for trash pick up and she wanted to get them. So I went with her. We get there, she's checking out her lamps and I start rummaging through the boxes and stuff. Now this isn't the kind of thing I EVER do, but having someone with you always makes you a little braver for some reason. It's mostly moth-ball old lady stuff. Then I open this one box that has an entire set of comforter, shams, bed skirt, and curtains. It had never even been used. The receipt was still in there from 2001 and it's like a $500 set. Would you believe they were actually the right size for our king-size bed?! When does THAT ever happen? So there's my FREE find! And the only thing better than a good deal is a free one! (Don't worry, I washed it all before I ever used it, just in case.) And to my neighbor, if you're reading this, whose comforter set this was--If you didn't mean to throw it out, I'm really sorry, but I'm attached now. You can have my old one.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the find.

Laura said...

Fantastic--Sleeping on Trash!! You are now the First and Only person I have known to do such a thing. Oh wait, I know someone else. ADAM!! hahaha

Are you subjecting poor Ben to it too?

Laura said...

P.S. heeheehee

It looks good though.

Did you use HOT water?

heeheehee

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the grats, Erin!

Yes, we are STILL "subjecting poor Ben" to it. I would LIKE to be subjecting him to his own crib, however, but that's another story..At least sleeping ON trash is better than sleeping WITH trash..lol.

Laura said...

LOL, I agree.

I does look good, I just couldn't resist!