Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Vacation Pics

Right now, I'm bored in the middle of summer trying to survive the heat, I'm kind of trying to relish in our Florida vacation memories a bit. Here's some pics I haven't posted yet.

We went to the zoo in Gulf Breeze. It isn't the fanciest, that's for sure, but it has animals and that's really all ya need for a zoo. Although, paved sidewalks instead of the gravel ones would have been good, especially trying to push a stroller through it..not so fun.

Here's Ben and me in the train that takes you around the zoo. (A MUCH better way to see the animals than pushing a stroller through gravel.)


On the train ride, we caught a view of the reindeer who must have been vacationing in FL too waiting for Christmas to get here.


At the petting zoo..Ben did NOT like those aggressive, hungry goats and sheep. I really think they could have jumped that fence with proper motivation.


Adam had already gone back to work when we went to the zoo, but came back the weekend just in time for the beach! These pics are in Destin. I'm from about an hour from there. I really really miss it this time of year. There's just a feeling on the beach there that I don't get anywhere else I've been. Sure did used to tempt me to ditch a lot of class back in the day though!

Here I am doing a little body surfing.


A couple of family pics



Here's Ben and me watching the waves roll in. Just beautiful.


What a view..


Here is one sleepy kid.


He fell asleep in the car in the couple minutes we drove to the restaurant. (PF Changs..my favorite!) I ate most of my lunch with him asleep on my shoulder. He did wake up finally though..kind of.


Alright, I'm ready to go back now!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the beach pictures. I am sooooooo ready to go. NOW.

BinFL said...

The pictures are cute! Just thought I would let you know that I do keep up with your blog.
Luv y'all! Mom

Kathryn Crouse said...

Hey cute girl. How the heck have you been? I am so jealous looking at those Destin pics. Your kid is just darling. Cute. Cute. Thought of you the other night 'cause this girl reminded me of you. Hope all is well. Love ya.