Friday, March 7, 2008

An Interesting Letter

I was recently looking through some old documents on our computer. Some were *really* old, you know for a document on a computer. I found a letter that Adam had written to a missionary friend the summer we met. It is dated 7/17/1999, a couple of months AFTER we met, mind you. Here is a portion of it (typos and all):
"Well I am doing pretty well. I am going to back Vol. State for a semester and then in the spring I am going to BYU. [which never happened] So I might accidental [again, his typos, not mine] run into you in Salt Lake when I am visiting Shawn Cecie. I was going to go to Atlanta and go to school down there. Things fell through and tuition was going to be quite expensive so I decided to follow the sheep to the slaughter(you know RM's to the marriage capital). A big reason for this is because there is NO One around here to date or even to hang out with. But I learning to manage with that I got."
Again, boys and girls, this is AFTER we met! AND he asked ME out and came to MY work to talk to ME..not the other way around. So I'm so glad he was able to "manage with what he's got" and all!
So I printed this little letter of his out and underlined the interesting stuff and left it on the desk. I just now pulled up the document to just copy and paste it here onto this post and it reads differently now. The last two lines are crossed out and this has been added:
"I change that I have met a beautiful fun girl from Florida. I don't know what is she doing with a guy like me. I think this is the one. I can not stop thinking about her and wish she was with me all the time. I will keep you posted on the results."
How sweet is that?! Oh the power a bloggin' chic holds! hehehe

8 comments:

Laura said...

HaHaH, That's Funny!!!! At least you were able to subtly set him straight!

Katie said...

Adam,

You need to learn to be more like a Boy Scout.. Leave no trace! Good one, Jen.

Brandon

Anonymous said...

Busted! That is too funny!
Valoree

gwen said...

That is sooooo funny! I love it! Thanks for being one of the first to post on my brand-new blog. And no problem about primary, I enjoyed it! You're gonna be great in there.

jamieschip said...

Don't you love those hidden secrets. Good thing he saw the error in his ways and corrected it. He's a good man. How is Primary President going? I bet you're amazing!

Kendalyn Harris said...

Jennifer,
SO nice to hear from you. I really hope you are doing well. I love your little boys face. He's adorable. We have a little chub too. Isn't it fun to be a mom? Oh, I bet you are such a good mom. I love your blog. So, where are you on your path to pharmacy school? Are you taking a break to be with your baby? It's so hard to go to school with kids....pretty much impossible. (well nothings impossible but you know what I mean) Yes, I started this Princess Parties business and it's really taken off. It's a lot of fun. We have 4 kids. Ella Ester Truman Sterling. Sterling just turned 1 March 15. He's our lucky leprechan. You are great and it's so fun to see your picture (with your baby). Thanks for being in touch. -Kendalyn

Kendalyn Harris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Loden's said...

Nice Job! It is good to hear what is going on. Did you find a house?