Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Easter Bunny


We took Ben to the mall to see the Easter Bunny this week. At Christmas, he wailed the second Santa Claus looked at him. This time, we expected the same, but he didn't cry...immediately. He looked around and it didn't seem like he realized that the Easter Bunny was a living, breathing thing...until he moved and tried to give Ben a high five. It was all over with then. Thank goodness, Ben's super-dad was there to save him from the evil paws of the Easter Bunny!


Afterwards, we are paying for our pictures and the cashier is this early 20-year-old carni-looking chick (carni as in runs the rides at the fair, never bathes, not to be confused with Carni Wilson, ex-Wilson Phillips, although I'm not sure which is worse). She starts to hand Ben a dum-dum and I tell her, "no, thanks". She asks how old he is and I tell her that he is 11 months. She says with a *toothless* grin, "Oh. I have an 11-month-old too and I give him suckers all the time!"

10 comments:

gwen said...

It was probably her "baby's daddy" under the Easter Bunny suit! haha Just kidding? That's funny. Ben is so adorable!

Laura said...

HA HA- I agree with Gwen!! And probably her mama gave her dum dums which rotted out her teeth and gave her the toothless grin...man I'm such a SNOB!!! Pull the bra off her and she's good for several blogs!

Carolina girl said...

Hillarious!! And cute picture!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Thanks, Gwen. *I* think my son is adorable, but I'm bound to be a little biased. :-)

Laura, I was thinking the same thing on the grin thing. Although after reading it back now, I'm feeling a little bit guilty for rippin' into her so hard. I'm very blessed to have good dental coverage and a mom who made me brush my teeth..BUT if I didn't and I didn't have great teeth (not that I do, but you know what I mean), I think I'd try to not be so trigger-happy with handing out the dum-dums! :-)

Laura said...

Seriously a great idea!! Didn't even cross my mind until just now. Kids, I think, are coming home tomorrow afternoon, though. You couldn't have posted that comment earlier!?!?

Meghan said...

I never accepted candy from carnie like people either, especially not when my kids didn't even know the difference yet.
Ben is getting so big and what a cute boy you have!

Caroline said...

love the little vest!

Cheyenne said...

That is such a cute pic! I didn't even think about taking Olivia to the mall to see the Easter bunny. For shame!

Laura said...

So why, oh why, do you always wait for my harrassing comments to UPDATE YOUR BLOG??????!!!!!!

What can I bring tomorrow???