Friday, December 21, 2007

Me Using My "New Media"

Check out this article: http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/apostle-urges-students-to-use-new-media

In light of it, I'm going to sound off! I do not listen to the Rick and Bubba Morning Show on the radio, mostly because they are annoying. But Adam, however, likes to listen to them--that is, he DID like to. So as if I needed one more reason to not listen, here it is and SHAME ON THEM!

It all started one morning (or so I hear) when Adam is on his way to work. He, as usual, is listening to the show and hoping his boss is in a good mood today and that no machines are going to go haywire. The show reaches the topic of the presidential election and potentional president-elect Mitt Romney and thus the church that we and Mitt Romney belong to, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm not sure what all was said exactly, but I don't have to. I know that a lot of it was false and that something was said about us not being Christians. Well, we are. Rick, Bubba, Christian World, we too are Christians! We love the Lord and know that His suffering and death was for all of us. So there, now you've heard. Also refer to the NAME of our church as it bears the very name of Jesus Christ. And please remember--you wouldn't go to your P.E. teacher to learn how to write a research paper so please, don't go to the member of another religion (friend, website, preacher, morning show, etc.) to find out about Mormons. Go to the website www.lds.org or www.mormon.org or ask your Mormon friend. Lesson #1--"Mormon" is just a nickname probably from someone who isn't. We prefer to be called "LDS" for Latter-Day Saint.

So I'm hopping down from my soapbox now and hope we've all learned something. ;-)

1 comments:

Meghan said...

yeah! I found your blog. now I can keep up with you guys even when you move. Merry Christmas!