Monday, February 18, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

Meghan tagged me so here ya go...

10 years ago...
I was in my junior year of high school. I was dually enrolled in college as well, but I can't remember what I taking. I was probably sucking it up in Nutrition. I hated that class, the teacher was horrible and mean and I had no interest whatsoever. I didn't know at the time, but it was my last year at Paxton School, where I had gone during all of my high school years. I think I was working at Big R that year too..podunk restaurant that some people called "Snortsy's" because the owner would come in a blow her nose really loud..LOL..good times. (Remember that, Amy Jo?)

Things on my To Do list:
1. Unpack my house
2. Clean house
3. Exercise
4. Start reading a new book
5. Finish sewing pillows and curtains for bedroom
6. Write in my journal and Ben's baby book

If I were suddenly a billionaire...
Vacation with my little family and my side of family to Hawaii, pay off bills for us and mine and Adam's family, start a college fund for Ben and kids in my family, find Adam a part-time job (bc I seriously doubt if I could get him to quite altogether), look into some charities and get involved, or start one of my own, buy all the recommended food storage for us and our families, then I'd probably need another vacation or two.

3 Bad Habits
1. Letting housework get behind for no good reason
2. Hitting snooze more than once on the alarm clock (although I don't even remember the last time I used one..I've got a crawling, jabbering one in the form of Ben
3. Procrastinating


3 Places I have lived

1. Escambia Farms, FL
2. Nashville, TN
3. Salt Lake City, UT

5 Jobs I have had
1. Pharmacy tech at CVS & Rite Aid
2. Project manager & dpt assistant for music dpt at Deseret Book
3. Receptionist and Customer Service Rep at Excel Entertainment (distributors for God's Army, Other Side of Heaven, etc.)
4. Server at O'Charley's, Cracker Barrel, and a couple of local restaurants
5. Full-time mom and Homemaker

5 things people don't know about me
1. I have worked on a Grammy-award winning album. (Gladys Knight's One Voice CD)
2. I have secret dreams of being a writer, editor, marathon runner, and photographer.
3. I would probably be in pharmacy school right now if I didn't have Ben. I've taken all of the prerequisite classes. (But being his mom is SOO much better!)
4. I have trouble in the check out line at the grocery store bc I'm too busy reading the covers of magazines.
5. I was engaged to someone else before I married Adam. (Those who know me WELL will know that one though.)

I tag...
Karen, Noel, and Jamie
...let's hear it!

5 comments:

Laura said...

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: I didn't take you off because you are so boring, I am redoing my page YET again, and the new list I started I messed up and then I decided I don't like the page and so I started all over, and frankly until I'm done, I'm not doing another darn thing to it! I'll fix it and put you back in your rightful place when I'm done. I'm attempting to design my own page--yikes, so we'll see how that goes!

Meghan said...

Gross, lol, I can't believe you worked at a restaurant with a nickname like that. I hope the food was good.
How is all of your unpacking going by the way? Are you guys loving it there?
After I have this baby, I am totally going to get back in shape and maybe we can run that marathon together. Maybe I can find some competitivness somewhere inside me to help me accomplish that goal.

Jennifer said...

Ooo..Laura, you're gonna be fun to get rise out of, I see! lol. That's cool you're designing you're own. All of the code to do that makes me want to go cross-eyed.

Meghan, we've got all but one room unpacked..I HATE unpacking! We do really like it here. Better job, good ward, friendly people, nice area, still not too far from family. I like the marathon idea..I've always wanted to do it, but just never started. Wouldn't be fun to meet up with friends once a yr or so and run a marathon together? That'd be cool..

Anonymous said...

Fun to read stuff about you!
Valoree

Anonymous said...

Oh god yes i remember that, she was horrible about doing that. It was soooo gross. But we had fun times while working there didn't we lol. I thought you finished out at PHS in 99.