Friday, January 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving, we went to Florida where my family lives. My dad and stepmom came up to visit as well as my cousin Amber who I don't get to see very much. She had her little boy Zac a couple of weeks after I had Ben, both were our firsts, both of us had c-sections and she and I are pretty close in age. It was nice to visit with everyone, although we missed my sister Jessica who lives in Utah and couldn't be there.

Ben got one of his Christmas presents early--a John Deere tractor bicycle. It is too big for his legs right now, but that will only be the case for a little bit. He had (is having) fun getting pushed around on it and pushing it himself. We got some pretty funny looks on the way home with it strapped to the car roof!



Thanksgiving dinner was at my uncle's house. He has a horse, a donkey, chickens, a rooster, and probably critters I don't even know about. His donkey would he-haw every now and then and Ben LOVED it. He is still making the noise to this day. Actually, he knows the difference when we ask him, but he is making an association between deer (with all the reindeer he's seen in Christmas movies, etc.), donkeys and Paw-Paw since his Paw-Paw was the one showing him the donkey. He is also associating Paw-Paw with M&Ms for some reason I just can't imagine. (It COULDN'T be the never-ending supply of M&Ms Paw-Paw would put on his knee one at a time for Ben to grab!)



Thanksgiving night, we got together at my brother's place just the immediate family (less my dad and step-mom) again for more Thanksgiving eating! I can't believe I didn't get one single picture there, but then again, a pregnant woman with that much food around is more likely to be carrying a piece of cake or roll around than a camera.

We also got to spend some time at the beach. One of my sisters lives right on the water and, although it was cloudy, we had such a nice time walking the dog, playing in the sand, and taking pictures. Ben especially liked the birds and the waves. He tried to jump in the water a couple of times!

Look at that water! Tell me again why I live in Louisiana???




Ben gives the best (albeit sometimes drooly and/or snotty)kisses spontaneously or if he is asked. He doesn't really discriminate either. He gives them to everyone.

0 comments: